North West Area Attractions
Approximately ½ mile from Kilbrannan, lies the Ullapool Hill
Path: A magnificent walk (1-1½ hours duration) into centre of
Ullapool itself over the hills and through the forest nearby.
Other shorter walks are also available from Kilbrannan.
See local website for current events:
or www.ullapool.com as well as local Newspaper: Ullapool News (available weekly)
- Hill-walking: within Lael Forest, with Corrieshalloch Gorge
(Falls of Messach) approx 12 miles from Braes.
- Details of Ullapool and Assynt Walks from Walk Highlands
- Magnificent beaches 15 mins-2 hours away: Ardmair Bay / Clachtoll
Beach (5 miles from Lochinver) / Stoer Beach (6 miles from Lochinver)
and Achmelvich Beach (3 miles from Lochinver). Lochinver is approx
38 miles from Ullapool (A835).
- Fishing (available locally), please ask at Ullapool Tourist
Information Centre for further information.
- Inverewe Gardens (National Trust for Scotland property)
- Highland Stoneware (Pottery @ Lochinver and Ullapool)
- Culag Heronry and Culag Community Woods (Lochinver)
- Assynt Visitor Centre (Lochinver)
- Summer Isles Cruises from Badentarbet, near Achiltibuie
- Camusnagaul (near Dundonnell)